Thanks to this infographics realized by Monetate, e-storekeepers get a chance to understand better the interest “to socialize” a site of on-line sale. By “socialize” one mean integrate Facebook Open Graph but also add ‘like’ and ‘share’ buttons as well as ‘Social Login’.
Social Login allows the customers to become identified via their accounts on the social networks, Facebook or Twitter. Very used in the United States, it represents a very interesting technical option which allows to improve the community commitment and to increase the conversion rate.
The key figures which it is necessary to keep in mind:
- 65 % of adults Internet users have an account on at least a social network
- 58 % of the consumers who “like” a brand on Facebook expect discounts of promotions
- on average 75 % of on-line purchases fail because visitors abandons their shopping cart. The main reason is the requirement to register before making a purchase
- 40% of consumers prefer social logins over creating new/guest account (60 % prefer Facebook)
- 68 % of consumers go to social networking sites to read product reviews
- 59% of consumers say user-generated product reviews have a significant or good impact on their buying behaviour
- Eventually consumers who use ‘social login’ on an e-commerce website spend an average 15 minutes online vs 5 minutes for the ‘regular’ user!
So do you want to try?