Numerous infographics on Pinterest landed on the Web since its launch. I’ve selected three, who seem to be the most complete and global. But do not hesitate to put a link to share any other infographic you might find interesting in comments.
Pinterest allows users to organize and to share photos online. It also offers the possibility to group them by interest and organize them. Thanks to Pinterest, members can connect through photos they like
Why such a success for a photo sharing site? Pinterest is a fantastic promotion tool for brands which communicate through visual tools (pictures, drawings, movies…). Besides, it does not compete with the existing social networks as Pinterest does not replace a Facebook page or a Twitter account as it offers additional features!
Pinterest in the US
- 10,4 million users on Pinterest.
- 100 brands present on Pinterest.
- 10 million unique visitors every month.
Pinterest: a marketing guide
- 87 % of users are women.
- 80 % aged between 25 and 54 years old.
- Pinterest (3.6 %) generates more visits than Google + (3,62 %), Linkedln (0,20 %) and YouTube (1,05 %) combined.
- 5th generator of traffic behind Facebook (26,4 %), StumbleUpon (5,07 %), Google, (3,62 %) and Twitter (3,61 %).
(Study Shareaholic in January 31st 20012).
- 16 minutes: average visit duration on Pinterest
- 2700% growth in unique visitors since May, 2011
- “Repin” is the key action (similar to “share”) on the platform